Saturday, July 7, 2012

New Teacher

I graduated from college in May 2011 with a degree in middle grades education. When I first graduated, jobs were very limited. I was pretty picky about the county I wanted to teach in, and that specific county was on a hiring freeze. I had the opportunity to do my student teaching in this county, and it was a great experience.

Well, after more than a year of looking and praying about teaching, I GOT A JOB! It is a wonderful opporunity and is going to be the perfect place for me. I begin in a couple weeks with planning and getting ready for the school year. I have so much to do before, and I am so excited to decorate my classroom. 

Here are some before shots...


I can't wait to share the afters! Stay tuned :) Also, if you have any advice for a first year teacher, please share!!!

8 comments:

Kathryn said...

Congrats on the new job! That room has great potential, I can see it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I am a 23 yr veteran teacher and love my job! Granted some days are better than others but it is such a rewarding experience when former students come back to visit years later. My best advice is to pray everyday before you enter your classroom. Happy decorating and have an awesome first year!!!!
Joy

Samantha Shepherd said...

I just discovered your blog! That is so so exciting. I know that you must be more than ready to get into the classroom and make it your own. :) What grade will you be teaching?

Nicole said...

Ahhhh!!! I am just so excited for you! You're going to be a great teacher!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

I am SO excited for you!!! It is SO much fun getting your room ready for the new year~ enjoy and can't wait to see what you do! XOXO

Holly said...

Congratulations on your new job! Looking forward to seeing what you do with your classroom! :)

Kristin said...

Congratulations on your new job!! I have been looking for awhile and am not having luck. But keep praying something will come along the way.

One of the BEST pieces of advice one of my cooperating teachers gave me for when I start teaching is to document any time you contact a parent/mail something home. Documenting everything helps.

Jamie said...

I'm a little late on this but congratulations!

You will be a great teacher :)