Saturday, August 4, 2012

Classroom Reveal!

As pre-planning has come to and end I am finally finished with my classroom! Even though I'm teaching 8th grade, I wanted my room to be bright and happy looking. I also am all about some organization, and that makes my room look clean and orderly. I had to have a place for everything, and thanks to many Pinterest ideas my classroom is complete!

I pretty much made everything and am planning on sharing it for free on my blog soon!

I am right beside the 8th grade workroom...so nice!

The view to the right when you enter my classroom.

My welcome sign.

To the left of the board you will find the Interactive Notebook table of contents. We will use an interactive notebook for our math notebook. On the left side of the board is where you will find the date and agenda for the day.


To the right of the board is my "No Name" sign, where the standards will be posted, and the student center. Here they can turn in papers, find any extra copies, find notebook paper, colored paper, and white paper. I am also going to have them store their notebooks here. 

Here is a close up of the student center.
The colored buckets are from the Dollar Tree, and the flower tin container is from Target.

On the right side of the board you can find the EQ (essential questions) and any homework that is assigned.

Here is a close up of my "No Name" sign. I added close pins to the bottom to attach papers with no name.

This is the back bulletin board.

This is my favorite part of the classroom...my corner!

I don't like clutter at all, so my desk has nothing on it. I have a bookshelf beside my desk to store binders, day of the week folders, and my 3 drawer system (I use the 3 drawers for- to grade, to copy, and to hand back). There is also a small desk by my desk where my laptop sits.

I found this idea on Pinterest and my mom helped me bring it to life. I love that it is the first thing you see when you walk into my classroom, and not only is it bright and colorful, it has a purpose! I laminated it and put up the vocab words that pertain to our first unit.  I will change it out for every unit.

Here's a close up!

Thanks for stopping by! I can't wait to begin teaching on Monday and break everything in :) Check back often for updates on my year as a new teacher!







13 comments:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

LOVE it!!! Your space will make going to school each day a joy!!! XOXO

Elaina Weaver said...

Your classroom looks great! I love all the color and organization. Those were my two goals for the year too. Hoping I will finish my room sometime next week. :)

Anonymous said...

Love your room! The colors are very cheery and welcoming! Have a great first week!!!
Joy

Jamie said...

Love it girl! So stinking happy for you : ) !!

Kristen said...

It looks great! I hope you have a great first week with your kids! :)

Kristin said...

That's an awesome classroom! I love the bright colors.

Tiffany said...

Your room looks amazing!!

Jamie said...

Looks GREAT! So clean and organized :)

Holly said...

Wow your classroom is so cute, I especially love your desk! I hope you have a great first year teaching! :)

Nicole said...

I am so so happy for you!!!! You're going to be an amazing teacher. I'll be praying for you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

After 16 years in elementary education, I just worked this past year in a K-8 as asst. principal. I was so sad to see that the middle school teachers didn't make the room as inviting as elem. Love that you are making that extra effort -- even for "big kids"! An organized/attractive room is the first way you will tell them you care about them and your job. :)

Michelle

Caitlin said...

LOVE your room! I've been helping a friend get her classroom ready for her first year of teaching and just loved all the cute things that went into a elementary classroom, but as a secondary education major I'm glad to see that others that teach the "big kids" want their classrooms to look fun too! Great organization ideas!

Annie said...

Your room looks super cute, Savannah!