My birthday was July 4th...Yes, I know all of the fireworks are for me :)
I've heard that all my life! It's people's favorite thing to say when they hear that my birthday is July 4th.
This year was one of my favorite birthdays ever. For 28 years, my dad has run the Peachtree Road Race and this year we all decided to continue the tradition of going to cheer him on. My sister, Amelia, also decided to run with him. So, my whole family (all 7 of them) spent the night with us the night before. We made pasta so they would be fueled up for the big run, and then we went to get Yogurt. It was so much fun having everyone together in our little home.
The next morning we woke up really early and headed to the race! We found a good spot in the shade and watched for our runners.
Here they are with big smiles on their faces.
After the race, we headed back to our house and then headed to my parents. We enjoyed the rest of the day by the pool and grilled out for dinner. A bunch of family came over for dinner, homemade ice cream, and cookie cake. It was so much fun and exactly how I wanted to spend my birthday!
Between my parents and Josh, I got a Pandora bracelet, two charms for it, and some of my favorite perfume, Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue! I also received beautiful pink roses at work on Tuesday. I am one blessed girl!







5 comments:
Happy Birthday! I ran the peachtree for the first time this year. It was so hot, but I loved all the spectators cheering for everyone.
Glad you had a great birthday! I wish I would have seen y'all when I was running!! xO
So fun! I want to be able to celebrate with you one year. :)
I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!!!
Happy belated birthday! I love your smiley cookie cake! :)
Post a Comment