Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas

We had one of the best Christmas' I've ever had. We woke up and we were both excited to open our stockings. We have always filled each other's stockings with surprises. I gave Josh a Columbia t-shirt, a book for him to read to Ben Curtis called "Gone Fishing", a pocket knife, and some new socks. He gave me a precious outfit I've wanted for Ben Curtis from Nordstrom, a new Pandora charm, some socks, and a new electric toothbrush!

After stockings, we made a delicious breakfast, got ready, and went to pick up Josh's dad. It was so great to have him home for the day. We made a big lunch, and then we skyped with Zack, Jenn and the boys. We opened presents, which were lots of surprises!

Josh and I each had something to open from his mom and dad. They gave us a Ralph Lauren blanket and lovie for Ben Curtis. The other box had 6 hot wheels in it along with a note. The note had instructions to look in a closet for the actual gift. We were so surprised to find his car seat and stroller! I was so excited. But that wasn't all...there was another note to go look in another closet, and we found his pack and play! I felt like a little girl getting stuff for my American Girl Doll. I couldn't wait to get it all out and see how it worked.



The rest of the day was spent eating, putting stuff together, and enjoying each other's company. We ended the day with a delicious dinner at the one and only, Waffle House. Our last Christmas without babies was definitely a memorable one!

No comments: