Monday, November 18, 2013

Bumpdate~ 24 Weeks


Baby's Growth: Size of an ear of corn! I think we are at about a foot long and more than 1 pound.

Boy or Girl: Boy! We are naming him Benjamin Curtis Dove after his grandfather, Ben, Josh's dad, and his great-grandfather, Curtis, my dad's dad. We will call him Ben Curtis. 

Cravings: I am still on the soup kick. I am meeting one of my very best friends tonight for dinner and she is also pregnant. We share the same love for soup, so I am sure we will end up somewhere with delicious soups! 


How I'm Feeling: Since I am now in the 2nd trimester, I have so much more energy. I am still tired by 9:30 every night, but I feel a lot better during the day. I'm very thankful that I haven't really been sick throughout the pregnancy, but I was very tired for a while. For now, I'm great!


Movement: I am feeling lots of kicks these days. I feel him the most at night after dinner when I'm laying down.


Favorite  Moment this Week: We decorated the Christmas tree this past week. We love starting Christmas early so we can enjoy everything longer! It was so much fun to decorate the tree and think about how different everything will be next year. We are so excited!


Sleeping: I average about eight hours a night, give or take. I have always slept at least eight hours at night, and I'm thankful that has not changed! I do get up a couple times to use the bathroom, but I usually can fall back asleep pretty quickly. I am very thankful for sleep right now!

Clothes: Loving my maternity pants. The full band is awesome. I ordered a maternity coat from Oldnavy this weekend, so I am excited to get it this week. 


Most looking forward to: A week off for Thanksgiving!

Thankful for: I am so thankful for this season in our lives. I know things are about to change big time. I feel like this is the calm before the storm...but the best storm you could ever imagine. We are definitely treasuring our time together and going on lots of dates. I am praying each day that God continues to prepare our hearts for out little man, but that He also reminds us to treasure these days too.