Friday, October 25, 2013

Our Gender Reveal

I knew I wanted to have some type of gender reveal, but I also knew I wasn't going to be able to keep the big secret for long. I wanted us to be able to find out the gender, and then I wanted to be able to tell our families that day. We decided to get a little something for Josh's mom and dad to open at the hospital, so we went to Target on the way. It was so fun to finally know what I was looking for specifically when going into the baby section. We found the perfect thing and were off to tell the good news!
We arrived at the hospital and they were very anxious to know. They opened the gift to find a sweet little superman outfit. Josh loves superman, and so we thought it was the perfect thing. They waited a second, and once we said, "It's a boy!" there was lots of cheering excitement. I love the picture we were able to take together.
 

After spending a little more time talking about our sweet boy, we were off to meet my family for dinner. We went to one of our favorite restaurants, Iron Wok. I decided to have cupcakes made to reveal the big news to them. Since this was last minute, we ordered white cupcake from Publix. When I picked them up they put some little blue polka dots on them for me. They turned out perfect! I bought some cupcake boxes and hid them away.

 
 Once everyone arrived, they all opened them at the same time. My mom's face is priceless!
It was such a wonderful day filled with memories that I will never forget. Ben Curtis is one loved little boy.

3 comments:

Gabby & Daniel said...

LOVE IT! So excited for y'all! Cute idea... It's so hard to keep the secret!!

Kelly said...

Love, Love, LOVE!!!! Such wonderful news! I have adored being a mama to boys. I will be praying for you and Josh as you get ready to welcome Ben Curtis to your home! As an aside.... BEST. REVEAL. PARTY. EVER.

Holly said...

Congratulations! I love the little Superman outfit. :)