Monday, September 23, 2013

Bumpdate~ 16 weeks

We are at 16 weeks and I couldn't be more thankful! This past week was very busy at school and home, but I'm blessed with wonderful friends and family who always make sure I'm feeling ok. God is so good!



Baby's Growth: Size of a turnip! I think we are at about 5 inches and 5 ounces.

Cravings:  I am still loving any type of carb. The flavor thing is not getting to me as much these days, so I am happy to want good tasting food again. We had mexican yesterday which really hit the spot!


How I'm Feeling: Since I am now in the 2nd trimester, I have so much more energy. I am still tired by 9:30 every night, but I feel a lot better during the day. I'm very thankful that I haven't really been sick throughout the pregnancy, but I was very tired for a while. For now, I'm great!


Movement: No kicks yet! I am dying to feel something, though! A couple people told me they felt something for the first time around 17 or 18 weeks. We are so close to that!


Favorite  Moment this Week:  I got my haircut, and I think that it even better when you're pregnant! Just having someone wash my hair and blow dry it was awesome. I love how it turned out, and I'm happy to have short hair again! It's so much easier to fix and it stays cute all day!

Sleeping: I average about eight hours a night, give or take. I have always slept at least eight hours at night, and I'm thankful that has not changed! I do get up a couple times to use the bathroom, but I usually can fall back asleep pretty quickly. I am very thankful for sleep right now!

Clothes: I had to break down and by some maternity jeans. Target for the win! I'm going to have to buy some maternity dress pants soon so that I'm more comfortable. I have been using the belly band, but I am to the point where I can't zip my pants at all so I'm always nervous about that. 


Most looking forward to: Feeling our baby move for the first time. Also, our 20 week appointment to find out what sweet baby Dove is! When we are asked what we want we both reply with the proper "a healthy baby". However, I would love to have a sweet little girl, and Josh wants a little boy. But seriously, we will be thrilled with either one. I always say I can go get my little girl from China one day. 

Thankful for: My parents and Josh's parents. They have all done so much for us, and we are blessed each day by them. God gave us huge blessings by giving us them as our parents. I think each day, I don't know what I would do without my mom and dad. I know Josh feels the same way!


1 comment:

Megan said...

Love the haircut! Prayers for you this week!