Monday, September 30, 2013

Bumpdate~ 17 weeks


Baby's Growth: Size of a sweet potato! I think we are at about 5.5 inches and 5 ounces.

Cravings:  I am still loving any type of carb. The flavor thing is not getting to me as much these days, so I am happy to want good tasting food again. We had Thai food on Saturday and it was soooo good! I have loved any type of Asian food.


How I'm Feeling: Since I am now in the 2nd trimester, I have so much more energy. I am still tired by 9:30 every night, but I feel a lot better during the day. I'm very thankful that I haven't really been sick throughout the pregnancy, but I was very tired for a while. For now, I'm great!


Movement: I have heard that at first it feels like popcorn popping and I'm pretty sure I have felt that! I am excited to start feeling some more movement.


Favorite  Moment this Week: Yesterday we spent the day on the lake and it was just what the doctor ordered. Josh fished and I read my book and it was just good for my soul. We haven't had a relaxing day like that in a long time, and I loved every second of it! I took this picture last night and thought, "this is easily my favorite view". The only thing sweeter will be when our little bit is with us too!



Sleeping: I average about eight hours a night, give or take. I have always slept at least eight hours at night, and I'm thankful that has not changed! I do get up a couple times to use the bathroom, but I usually can fall back asleep pretty quickly. I am very thankful for sleep right now!

Clothes: I think I'm going to have to invest in some maternity pants for work. I am just no longer comfortable with using the belly band considering I can't even zip my pants anymore. I have to keep reminding myself that this is supposed to happen.  



Most looking forward to: Feeling our baby move for the first time. Also, our 20 week appointment to find out what sweet baby Dove is! When we are asked what we want we both reply with the proper "a healthy baby". However, I would love to have a sweet little girl, and Josh wants a little boy. But seriously, we will be thrilled with either one. I always say I can go get my little girl from China one day. 

Thankful for: I am so thankful for how God always takes care of us. Josh's dad had a stroke last week and while he has a long way to go, he has recovered a lot. He is starting rehab and we are praying that he is able to recover as much as possible. Please be praying the same! We know that God always provides and has a plan, it's just hard to sit back and wait sometimes! 

No comments: