Monday, June 24, 2013

DIY Lesson Planner

Today I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It and Skip to my Lou for Made By You Monday!


Skip To My Lou

At the end of the school year, I made my lesson planner for next year. I thought about purchasing an Erin Condren Lesson Planner, but I didn't want to spend that much money. I only teach one subject, so I don't need a bunch of columns and places for different subjects. So, I decided to make one of my own.

The first thing I began looking for was a cute cover. I of course went to Pinterest, and I ended up finding a great blog with some cute ones! I downloaded the PDF, which you can get HERE. When you open the PDF, you choose your favorite design (good luck) and then just type in your initials. I took my saved copy to Fedex and printed a color copy.



The second thing I put together was a 2013-2014 calendar. I wanted this to be at the front of my planner. Once again, I went to Pinterest and found THIS cute calendar. All you do is click the link and get this free calendar from teachersnotebook.com. I printed it so when I opened up my planner it would be a full month across both pages.


The third thing I put together for my planner was the actual lesson planning pages. I have one page for each week, and I printed these only one-sided so I will be able to take notes on the other side during that week's curriculum meeting. HERE is the template I used. Please feel free to download it and make it your own. You could easily create more columns and make it front a back. I loved that I was able to customize something that was perfect for me!


After gathering everything I needed for my planner I went back to Fedex and they were able to bind everything together with a nice clear cover. All of this for less than $10. I absolutely love how it turned out, and I hope you find this easy to do!

15 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love this!! I teach prek so I have a HUGE planner. If not I'd totally do this!!

A Rocky Top Teacher said...

Love it! This would make great gifts for new teachers or busy moms!

-SarahA Rocky Top Teacher

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

LOVE it!!! You are awesome! Now make your mom one. LOL XOXO

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness, that is too cute! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful and inexpensive idea. I too was thinking about purchasing and Erin Condren planner but could not bring myself to spend the money. I am adding this little project to my summer to do list!
Jennifer
The Blessed Teacher.

Unknown said...

Loved this! I just downloaded the form, but I can't get it to save. It keeps asking me to sign the form and then click "done signing". Did you have this happen to, and if so, how did you save it?

Brandi said...

Love this! I made a blogger planner for this week's MMI and will be making my plan book once I know my specialist schedule so I don't have to write that every week! Thanks for sharing!

Brandi
Success in Second Grade

Nicole said...

Love!!! I definitely feel the need to make one!

Lauren said...

Thanks for sharing, girl! I love this idea! :)

Natalie Melton said...

How creative and cute!!! I love this! If my district didn't require certain lesson plans I would make this in a heartbeat. So crafty!
~Natalie
www.thepolkadottedchirp.blogspot.com

Shannon said...

So cute! I'm going to be trying my hand at making my own planning this summer. I love Erin Condren, too, but I need the ability to make it my own for groups and what not. I love your creative solution!

Kristin said...

Thanks for sharing with us how you made it! It is so cute and definitely a money saver. I hope once I get my own classroom I am able to do this. :)

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy said...

I really like this idea. I usually use a binder to keep EVERYTHING IN and it became very bulky to carry from home to school. I may have to have two notebooks/binders next year. Thanks for the great idea.
Tammy

Mrs. Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis

Unknown said...

This is a really cute planner. I love the cover choice.
Good job!!!!

Jamie
Teaching Tidbits and More With Jamie

Unknown said...

What a pretty planner! Making your own rather than buying a new one is a nice budget tip. Plus you can get as creative as you can with it. Apart from the cover, I know there are planner pages that have pretty designs too. -Fidelia @ Momentum Graphics