Friday, February 25, 2011

{It's Been a While}

Wow...It's been a while!
I have been so busy with school and wedding stuff that I have not had time to catch up this part of my life. I have missed it so much and am thankful for a day to catch up. I have been sick since yesterday, so I am home today resting up for a busy weekend!

Last Saturday, I was able to go with Josh to a wedding. This past September he sang at a friend's wedding and this couple was there and fell in love with his voice. The bride said she had to have him sing at her wedding in February. He did a wonderful job singing "You Raise Me Up". 

Funny story...the wedding was moved outside the day of because the weather was so beautiful. That evening it got a little windy but no one seemed to be too concerned. Josh sang at the very beginning of the wedding ceremony when the Grandmothers and Mothers were walking in, so the bride had not arrived yet. While Josh was in the middle of singing a big gust of wind came and first knocked over something that was made of glass. Everyone heard it shatter everywhere but Josh did not flinch one bit. He kept singing like nothing had happened. A minute later a bigger gust of wind came and completely knocked the wedding arch forward onto the ground. The entire crowd gasped and people ran from all over to pick it up and fix it. Again, Josh did not flinch and acted like nothing was happening. He was truely a professional and sang beautifully throughout the entire fiasco. By the time the Bride came out everything was back to normal. Thank goodness it did not happen while she was out there! Needless to say...our wedding arch will be tied to the ground in some form or fashion!!!
I love these white chairs. We are actually having the same ones at our wedding. The wedding arch is in the back of the picture...

Last weekend I also helped host a wedding shower for a sweet friend, Gabby. She goes to school with me and is one of my Phi Mu sisters. We have had so much fun planning our weddings together and helping each other! We even have the same wedding planner. She is a great friend and I had a great time planning her wedding shower. We had a great time with all of our close friends. She got some great stuff for her future home!
This cake was beautiful and had lots of detail on top.

The 4 hostesses!

 The beautiful bride to be!


Here are a few more pictures from a couple weekends ago. I have been slack in the blog department! I promise to do better!
I took these pictures on the manual setting and then edited them in Photoshop. I took an online class with my mom a couple weeks ago about shooting on manual and it has been fun to practice!
SJ loves to read!



This weekend is very eventful! I have my very first wedding shower tomorrow morning. I am very excited and can't wait to blog about it post all of the pictures! 

Have a great weekend!


1 comment:

Chinamama said...

Do you have video of Josh singing? I would to hear him sing too!