Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Fun

One great thing about blogging and having blog friends is all the GREAT ideas you get from people! I have only been blogging for a short time, but I have made a lot of sweet blog friends. Everyone is so creative and has so many fun things to share!! We have been baking like crazy people around here! I love this wonderful time of year!!
Here are a few things I've been up to....

{one}
I came across Jennies's craft blog and found this great little DIY wreath. Hers turned out way cuter than mine, but I think it will look great in our future home!
These are all the materials you need. I tried to find some berries, but I couldn't find those at Walmart.

This is the final product! I think it's pretty cute :)


{two}
I made my absolute favorite cold weather food last night...Cheese Potato Soup!
It's so delicious and the perfect thing to make to warm up!

Here's how you make it...

You need: 
- 1/2 stick margarine
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cans of sliced potatoes
- 1 can of cream of chicken
- 3/4 pound of Velveeta
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 tsp of garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper

Directions:
- Saute onion and margarine
- Add potatoes, cover with water barely
- Add garlic salt, salt, and pepper
- Bring to boil, and boil until potatoes are tender
- Add soup, milk, and Velveeta
- Simmer on real low until ready to eat

It's so easy and SO yummy!!

{three}
Another blog and real-life friend is sweet Leslie! Yesterday, she made these delicious hot chocolate cupcakes! I decided that I needed to make them as well. You can find the recipe here...at Picky Palate!
I had the sweetest little helper!! We had so much fun :)
Here are all of the ingredients. It was very easy!!

Sneaking some batter...



The recipe calls for peppermint kisses, but I couldn't find those. I used hugs instead!

You place them in the middle of the batter and let them bake.

SJ found an little art project to do, while we waited.

The finished product!!!
They were delicious!

{four}
After we finished baking, we had to deliver pies to our neighbors. Amelia, EK, SJ, and I all went together. I drove the golf cart, and we went door to door. It was fun to be outside in the beautiful weather!
Here they are about to take the first pie!

It has been a relaxing but fun couple of days! I'm enjoying being home so much, and I don't even want to think about having to go back. Tomorrow we are traveling back into the city for a movie and wonderful Christmas Eve service!!

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!!!


8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Those cupcakes are adorable! And I like that they don't have real icing...too sweet for me. I may have to make some! Loving your blogging!

Miss Southern Prep said...

Those cupcakes are so cute! I love that wreath!

Sharon Ankerich said...

There is nothing sweeter than being together during this Christmas season!!! Am LOVING you being home! The cupcakes are delish too!!! :)
Love you!

Leslie said...

your wreath looks cute!!
and I'm going to have to try out that potato soup recipe.. it sounds perfect for this cold weather!!

p.s. your cupcakes look so good!! Glad y'all enjoyed them!

Megan said...

I totally agree!! Blogging has made me so much more creative!! I love sharing ideas! Your wreath is awesome!

Laura Darling said...

Mmm that dessert looks delicious! And how fun that you can deliver pies to your neighbors on golf carts! Merry Christmas!

Courtney said...

I will have to try both of those recipes! I love your blog and am a new follower!

Meredith! said...

awh i love that wreath! and seeing the pictures from you and leslie has realllyyy made me want those cupcakes! =)

and i love your cute blog!! I'm a new follower now! =)