Saturday, March 15, 2014

The Big Day

Ben Curtis was born on March 5, 2014 at 3:33 in the afternoon. It was a smooth delivery and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Josh was beyond wonderful and so was my mom. They were with me the whole time. Bringing a child into the world is something I can't even explain. The moment I heard that sweet cry, my world changed forever. 

We went to the hospital the night before to start the whole process. I was able to sleep for the most part, but it felt like the greatest Christmas ever was about to be here. The next morning I began having contractions. Around 9 am the doctor came in and checked me and broke my water. Soon after that I asked for my epidural and it was a game changer! I was able to relax the rest of the day and enjoy the experience. Around 2 in the afternoon, the doctor came back in and said I was ready to push! I will never forget the mix of emotions that ran through at that moment. I was so excited and so terrified at the same time. We asked my mom to stay with us, and the pushing began. A few minutes later, the nurse called the doctor back in because Ben Curtis was close to being out. The doctor came in and in no time we heard that sweet cry. I couldn't believe the hair on his sweet head. They gave him to me right away and we were able to instantly create that sweet bond. After a few minutes, they took him and cleaned him up. They weighed him and measured him. He weighed 7lbs 10oz and was 21 inches long. He was beyond perfect.





6 comments:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Definitely one of the BEST day of my life!!!! LOVE my life! I ADORE you!!! XOXOXO

Tina Michelle said...

Oh he is so super cute!! Congrats!! Nothing prepares you for the emotions that consume you after holding your child for the first time. Truly special.

Kelly said...

Congratualtions!!! Welcome to Mommyhood!! I am thrilled for you and Josh! What a blessing :)

Kelly said...

Congratualtions!!! Welcome to Mommyhood!! I am thrilled for you and Josh! What a blessing :)

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

Sorry for the triple post… apparently I am REALLY excited!