Monday, January 27, 2014

Bumpdate and a Babymoon~ 34 Weeks


Baby's Growth: Size of a cantaloupe. We are at about 19 inches long and around 5 pounds. I can't believe how much more weight he is going to gain before all is said and done. I feel like there is already no more room for him to grow.

Boy or Girl: Boy! We are naming him Benjamin Curtis Dove after his grandfather, Ben, Josh's dad, and his great-grandfather, Curtis, my dad's dad. We will call him Ben Curtis. 

Cravings: Not really anything new this week.


How I'm Feeling: I am feeling pretty good. I am more tired these days and my back is hurting more and more. 


Movement: I am feeling him move almost all the time. It used to be mostly at night when I would lay down, but now he makes himself known all day long. I will be teaching and get kicked in the side daily.


Favorite Moment this Week: Our babymoon! Josh planned a surprise weekend away to Hilton Head. He told me on Thursday night to pack a bag for the weekend away. We left Friday after school and I had no idea where we were going. I thought it was going to be downtown Atlanta. To my surprise, we kept driving and driving. About an hour away, he finally told me we were headed to Hilton Head. I was so excited to spend the weekend at the beach! We rested a lot, Josh swam in the outdoor heated pool (so cool!), walked on the beach, did some shopping, enjoyed delicious meals together, and he scheduled a "Pea in the Pod" massage to end the weekend. It was perfect. I loved every second with him. We dreamed about being parents, and we even started planning our next trip. It's so exciting to think we will be a party 3! 



Sleeping: I average about eight hours a night, give or take. I have always slept at least eight hours at night, and I'm thankful that has not changed! I do get up a couple times to use the bathroom, but I usually can fall back asleep pretty quickly. I am very thankful for sleep right now!

Clothes: My leggings are definitely the most comfortable things right now. I feel like all of my pants with the bands are getting tighter and tighter...I am wondering if I will have to get another pair before all is said and done. 



Most looking forward to: My baby showers! I have three within one week, so we are going to be very ready for BC. I can't wait to get all of the little things. 

Thankful for: My sweet husband who planned our little getaway weekend. I will always remember our "last getaway" before we became parents. 

4 comments:

Kelly said...

That is one sweet man God has given you :) What a treat!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

LOVE! Babymoon? That's a new one on me! Couldn't think of a better way to spend the weekend!!! XOXO

Jodee said...

Wow! He's a keeper! What a fun trip! Love these pictures!

Courtney said...

What a fun weekend. You have a wonderful husband.