Today I'm loving surprises!
A couple weeks ago when we were headed to our convention, Josh asked me what I wanted to eat for dinner. I wasn't sure and asked what he wanted (the usual conversation). He said, "I would love some home cooking!" Immediately I thought of Cracker Barrel!
So we are about 30 minutes into our trip and we stopped to eat. As I'm getting out of the car Josh tells me to watch my door, and then someone honks at me! I couldn't believe that someone was so impatient and couldn't wait for me to get out of the car before pulling in. Just as I look up to see who the impatient person is, I see a big gray Yukon XL that looks exactly like my parent's...
IT WAS THEM!
I was totally caught off guard because I had just talked to my mom a few
minutes before and she said they were headed to eat Mexican, Josh had
led me to believe I chose the restaurant, and where we met was about 30
minutes from their house.
It was such a great surprise to meet my whole family for dinner, and it was just what I needed to start out our great weekend of traveling.
My dad told me I made the rudest face at him when getting out of the car (that was before I realized who it was!). Sorry dad! I love you :)
Before leaving we got a group picture of all the kids!
Don't you love being surprised?

1 comment:
The BEST of surprises!!! XO
Post a Comment