Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012...Devotion

Happy 2012 everyone!

As we begin this brand new year, we all have a chance to reflect on last year and how we can become better this year. I know for me, my main goal is to do more for Jesus than ever before.

I have been a Christian since I was 7 years old. I firmly believe that when I was 7 I asked Him to come into my heart to be my Savior. Throughout my life I have continued to live for Him and I have learned so much from Him. However, this year I want to become closer to Him. I want to know Him more than ever, and I want Him to use me however He wants. I want more of Jesus in my life.

As I have been reflecting on this desire of mine, I have prayed that God would reveal a bible verse and single word that would represent this desire in my life. I wanted something that I could focus on throughout the year and something that would be a constant reminder of my goal. I began thinking about how I desire to be more like Paul in my relationship with Christ, and I want to become more intentional like he was. Paul was intentional in all of his relationships, including his with God and also with other people. I think that by being more intentional with Christ I will grow closer to Him and learn more about Him than ever. Also, if I'm more intentional with my other relationships God will be able to use me more and He will be able to speak through me more than ever! This makes me so excited!

So, how do I/you become more intentional? This morning at church, God really spoke to me about this. It starts with worship! When we worship God we are saying that He is worthy of our devotion, and we are completely devoting ourselves to Him. That brings us to my word of the year...
Devotion
By focusing on my devotion towards Christ I will become more intentional in my relationship with Him and others. By becoming more intentional, I will grow closer to Him and will be able to do more for Jesus than ever before! 

During my quiet time a couple days ago I came across this verse:

"Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly (devote) to them, so that everyone may see your progress. Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers." 
1 Timothy 4:15-16

The word devotion brought all of this together in my heart, and I am so ready to grow more than ever in my relationship with Christ and make this the best year ever!

My prayer is that all of you will find a word to represent what you want to accomplish in 2012. It is something you will be able to focus on all year and it will keep you from giving up!

I can't wait to see what God has in store for all of our lives! 
Happy first day of 2012!!!




5 comments:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

LOVE this post! So eloquently written and straight from your heart! LOVE your word and it so fits you. I know God has a blessed year planned for you and can't wait to see Him bring it all to light! Love you sweet daughter!!! XOXO

Nicole said...

This may be my favorite post you've ever written. I can tell that your word is straight from the Lord and that you truly want to have devotion this year! I am so excited that I get to pray this over you this year. I know the Lord will change our lives if we devote ourselves to him and time to others! Love you, little lady!!

Jamie said...

Love !!!

Anonymous said...

I loved this post, and am now on a mission to find my word for the year! :)

xoxo,
Noelani

... said...

Your heart for God is gorgeous! :) I loved reading all about your word for the year! My word for this year is a toss up....PATIENCE or TRUST. : )