Monday, August 8, 2011

Weekend Recap

Hello blog world! I have missed all of you very much. I decided last week to take a blog vacation, and it was just what I needed. I never want blogging to become a chore or something I dread doing. I was able to spend every night with Josh and instead of blogging we researched 1 year anniversary trips! We are determined to travel as much as we can before we have kids. Why not live it up big time while it's just the two of us? We have it narrowed down and just have to make some final decisions. 

This past weekend was great! We celebrated my sweet sister's birthday. It was ShayleeJoy's first birthday in America and with her forever family. She turned 4 today! I can't believe we have almost had her a year (and I also can't believe we haven't had her forever). She fits into our family so perfectly, and I don't know what we did without her.
Here she is last year on her birthday~
This hurts my heart.

But this makes it so much better~
Here are some pictures from the party. She had so much fun and was the cutest birthday girl I have ever seen. My sister Amelia made the adorable cupcakes, and my mom decorated everything. The theme was Little Mermaid. It couldn't have been more perfect!
Max was the only boy...I love this this picture!


I am so thankful for this sweet girl! She is loved more than she will ever know!

Yesterday, Josh and I went to church and had a wonderful time! We have been searching for our "home church" even before we were married. The church we went to on Sunday is where we are currently members, but we had been visiting other churches. We went back on Sunday and God really spoke to us both. After a wonderful service, we knew that's where we are supposed to be, and we are so pumped about it. We can't wait to get involved, start going to a Sunday school class, and really be in a church family. I love how the Lord always answers prayers when you are waiting expectantly.

Hope y'all had a great weekend too!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Not sure I've commented before but I love your blog! Looks like a fun filled weekend. It's fun to see how your life with your new husband starts! It makes me wonder how my life will be when I marry the love of my life=)

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Dad and I couldn't be more thrilled that you both have found where you are supposed to be! Being in a church family is the best thing ever and really makes you feel connected~ it is where you will make some of the best life long friends you will ever have!! We LOVED having you all home for Jing's birthday~ it was perfect!!! I love you!!!
XO

Jamie said...

Love the pictures from SJ's birthday~She is so lucky to have such a great sister!! Glad you and Josh have found a church home, I know that is such an important decision as y'all start your lives together !! :)

Jamie said...

Happy birthday to Shaylee Joy! She was such a cute birthday girl :)

Nicole said...

I could comment on every bit of this post. LOVE IT ALL. Really, you are such a precious friend. I am so blessed by your life even though you're so far away. Thank you for being the friend I needed!