Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Birthday

Beware.....LONG post!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My birthday was SO wonderful! 
My birthday is July 4th, so we always have lots to celebrate on that holiday!




The weekend celebration began with a fun day on Saturday filled with some of our
closest friends. We enjoyed hanging out by the pool all day, ate
hamburgers hotdogs and homemade ice cream (my fav!), and ended the day
with an evening out on the boat! It was so great to spend sweet time
with sweet friends!
Sunday we went to church, hung out with my family, went out on the lake again, and then my mom and I cooked spaghetti for dinner. My dad runs in the Peachtree Roadrace
every year, and we always eat pasta the night before!
Monday was my actual birthday! We woke up and waited for my dad to get
home from the big race. He did an awesome job! We grilled out for
lunch and made more homemade ice cream! 
Josh and I decided not to stay
for fireworks because it was raining and we wouldn't have gotten home
until late. So he and I headed back home to finish celebrating. I
hopped in the shower when we got home to get ready for my birthday
date! When I came out of the bathroom there were beautiful red roses
on our kitchen counter! He had gone to the store and gotten them for
me while I was getting ready! Sweetest husband ever...
We headed to Panera because that's what I wanted to eat. However, they
were already closed, so we ate at Panda Express. It was fun to just be
together, so I didn't really care where we ate. 
After dinner we headed
to the movies to see a movie I have been wanting to see, Midnight in
Paris. It has Owen Wilson and Rachel McAdams in it, but it is an independent film so it is kind of strange. But....it was really good! It also made us want to travel to Paris....
My birthday weekend was wonderful! It was truly my favorite one ever because I spent it as a married women~ married to the man of my dreams!


On Tuesday, we were able to go with Josh's whole fam to Outback to celebrate! It was so much fun to all be together, and it was very delicious!


One more thing...
I love what my family gave me! I have been needing a place for all of my jewelry for a while, and they got my the perfect thing...

 A beautiful jewelry box with my initials on it! I love it so much, and it is absolutely perfect!!!
Like I said...it was the best birthday ever!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Such a wonderful weekend! You look so beautiful!

Leslie said...

What a wonderful weekend! I love your lake pictures!! Hope you had a Happy Birthday Savannah!

Sharon Ankerich said...

Happy birthday sweet daughter of mine~ it was the best of days!!! :)

PS~ LOVE your new blog design!!!

Lauren said...

Love your new blog design! That jewelry box is adorable! :)

Jamie said...

Looks like a wonderful birthday weekend!

Love all the pictures :)