Tuesday, January 4, 2011

{2011 Resolutions}

My top New Year's Resolution this year is make a commitment to the Beth Moore 2011 Siesta Scripture Memory Team! I am committing to memorizing 24 bible verses in 12 months. I am so excited about this because it's so important to have God's word hidden in your heart. I can't wait to see what God reveals to me during this year, and I can't wait to grow into more of what He has created me to be!
If you would like to join this wonderful commitment, go HERE and read all about it! I joined this a little late, so starting on January 15th, I will be posting each verse that I'm committing to memorize!


Here is the first one...
"You should be known for the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God." - 1 Peter 3:4 (New Living Translation)

I found this verse from a sweet blog friend and I thought it would be perfect to memorize! This is such a wonderful reminder of how to be more Christ-like each day. Also, as I prepare for the next season of life, it shows me how to become more of the Godly wife God has called me to be for my sweet Josh. I look so forward to memorizing so many great verses!

My other NYR is totally the standard one...become healthier and get fit...before the wedding! I mean, we are going to Maui for our honeymoon...I have to look good!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful 2011, so far! How are your NYR's coming along?


Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

3 comments:

Sharon Ankerich said...

I'm memorizing verses too and found an app on my phone to keep up with them~ Super Index Cards. They will be just a tap away so I can practice all the time. I have chosen 2 Peter 1:3 because I am reading the bible through and this just seemed to make sense to me. Love you very much!!!

Megan said...

Yay!! I'm so glad that you are doing the scripture memory challenge!! Let's encourage each other and keep each other accountable!!

Suze said...

That is such a great idea! I'm on board! i'm all about getting healthier and fit too , hopefully i'll be better about it as spring approaches! i dont know about you but this cold winter makes it hard!!!! you will love maui by the way! i loved it when i went except we island hopped for two weeks, i didnt want to leave ha ha!!! happy wednesday, hope your enjoying student teaching :)